DIRECTOR AND CO-FOUNDER
DR. RAFIQ KHANANI
MBBS, M.Phil, FC Path., PhD
Professor of Pathology
Director Advanced laboratory
• Pioneered HIV/AIDS Research in Pakistan and reported first cases of HIV/AIDS in Pakistan.
• Conferred several awards for his distinguished services in the field of Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, prevention and control of Infection.
• More than 60 publications in international and national journals having an impact factor of over 120 and 2000 citations.
• Founding Director of Dow Diagnostic Reference and Research Labs in 2004 · Founding Director of Dow Radiology.
• Director of Institute of Pharmaceutical and Environmental Research, Acting Director of Ojha Institute of Chest Diseases, and Cofounder of Dow Institute of Hematology and Journal of Dow University of Health Sciences.
• Presently he is President of Infection Control Society Pakistan, Vice-Chair of Bio-Safety ·
• Association of Pakistan, Karachi HIV/AIDS working Group and Pakistan Society for Immunology and Infectious Disease Member Sindh AIDS Commission and Sindh Health Care Commission Member PAP, PMA, IAS, PSM, ASM, BSAP, ABSA, IIDRL, PLN · HEC approved supervisor for M.Phil. and Ph.D.
Citilab Diagnostic Center’s have impressive history of achievements over the past 29 years. Citilab has a completely dedicated team to help scientist in conducting clinical research. Our accomplishments range from early breakthroughs in HIV /AIDS, Hepatitis B, C, D and E, fertility research, to diagnosis and treatments for various diseases, to novel use of genomics to tackle emerging bacterial and viral
infections. Much of this pioneering work could only have happened due to highly qualified scientists at
Citilab. Nowhere else on earth will you find such an amazing array of scientific minds, such a heroic
legion of patient volunteers, and such a dedicated cadre of support staff, all working together to realize our vision of turning research discoveries into lasting improvements in human health.
Citilab Diagnostic Centers over the last ten years excelled in Special Immunochemistry and Molecular Pathology. In addition to the clinical services it has trained scores of scientists and technologists who have completed their Master’s and Doctorate thesis and Fellowship dissertations.
I appreciate referring physicians, scientists, staff and pharmaceutical and diagnostic industry for their trust and confidence and urge them to continue great things they have done in the past, see the hard work done today, and look forward to where all of this might take healthcare tomorrow!
Innovations and progress is transforming lives today and promising better outcomes tomorrow and Clinical Laboratories and Radiology services are leading the way. Citilab Diagnostic Centers have always been and will continue to provide high quality services to community, industry and researchers.
Inspired by the quote of President Roosevelt at the beginning of my professional career and I always uphold it “We cannot be a strong nation unless we are a healthy nation.”